WILKIN GROUP – UPDATED COVID POLICY – MAY 2020
Whilst providing a comfortable, secure and healthy place for our clients to work has always been of primary concern at WILKIN GROUP, we have in recent times needed to introduce additional policies to fully conform with social distancing now required.
Following our initial directives dated 16 March 2020, the following requirements are non-negotiable to enable us to continue to provide an appropriate workplace for all.
● Office Suites. There is a minimum space requirement of 5 sqm per person at all Wilkin sites: we recommend that around 8 sqm per person is far more comfortable and appropriate.
● Co-Working Space. Whilst Wilkin has resisted the industry trend towards ‘open-space’ working, and has only 5 % of our floors configured as such, the layout of our shared space – Olympic Suite at 70 Hindmarsh, Heysen and Florey Suites at 97 Pirie – is now modified to ensure 6 sqm per person, and no additional visitors permitted in these suites.
● Meeting Rooms. Whilst our table configurations remain unaltered, the permitted seating capacities have been reduced so that there is a minimum of 4 sqm per attendee. Only the ‘Square Space’ at 70 Hindmarsh can now accommodate meetings of ten persons. The smaller Meeting Rooms have had their capacities reduced accordingly (reception staff will answer your
queries in this regard). Clients obviously won’t be charged a premium from our standard pricing if allocated a larger room for their meeting to conform with these space requirements.
After every meeting concludes, the meeting table and chairs are sanitised and wiped down, and room reset for next booking by our staff.
● Kitchens. Our self-serve kitchens are still available for your convenience, but AT NO TIME is more than one person to be present in the kitchen. Washing of hands or sanitising is required by everyone PRIOR to entering the kitchen, and paper disposable towels are provided to wipe down surfaces after use.
● Breakout Areas adjacent to kitchens. Whilst we fully appreciate that social interaction is a major advantage in our serviced office environment, no more than four persons may be present at any one time. Social distancing in these areas must also be respected.
Additional cleaning protocols have been implemented, with emphasis on ’touchpoint cleaning’ in the common areas accessible by multiple persons. At 70 Hindmarsh the corridor doors normally kept closed from reception to the office suites will remain open during business hours to eliminate one touchpoint for our clients.
With the exception of permanent clients with key access to suites, EVERY VISITOR to our Business Centres must firstly report to reception. Generally visitors are not permitted access into the corridors to access suites. Obviously patients of our medical clients will continue to be met at reception and escorted to and from the consulting room by the relevant practitioner.
Neither a client, visitor nor staff member is permitted on the premises if feeling unwell. As well as the above all being mandated by government health advice, it makes sense to guarantee a safe and healthy workplace for us all.
We thank you for your understanding.
Don Will – Managing Director.