WILKIN GROUP – UPDATED COVID POLICY – JULY 2020
(FURTHER REVISED WITH SOME LIFTING OF RESTRICTIONS)
Whilst providing a comfortable, secure and healthy place for our clients to work has always been of primary concern at WILKIN GROUP, we have in recent times needed to introduce and adjust additional policies to fully conform with physical distancing that is required.
Further to our initial directives since 16 March 2020, the following requirements are non-negotiable to enable us to continue to provide an appropriate workplace for all.
● Office Suites . There is a minimum space requirement of 5 sqm per person at all Wilkin sites: we recommend that around 8 sqm per person is far more comfortable and appropriate.
● Co-Working Space. Whilst Wilkin has resisted the industry trend towards ‘open-space’ working, and has less than 5% of our floorspace configured as such, the layout of our shared space – Olympic Suite at 70 Hindmarsh, and Florey Suite at 97 Pirie – is now modified to ensure 6 sqm per person, and no additional visitors permitted in these suites.
● Meeting Rooms. Whilst our table configurations remain largely unaltered, the permitted seating capacities have been reduced from pre-CoVid days so that there is an absolute minimum of 2 sqm per attendee, but generally a lot more than this minimum.
Capacities now are
○ ‘Square Space’ at 70 Hindmarsh can now accommodate meetings of up to 20 persons, although it is our preference not to have long meetings with this maximum number.
○ Light Meeting Room. Up to 12 persons, but generally 8 or less.
○ Hindmarsh Room. Up to 8 persons, but generally no more than 6.
○ Victoria Room. Maximum of 6 but generally 4 or less.
○ Board Room at 97 Pirie. Maximum of 12 persons, generally up to ten persons.
○ Playford Room. Maximum of 10 persons, but generally around 6 persons.
○ Mawson. Maximum of 6 persons, but generally 4 or 5.
○ Kidman Room. Maximum of 8, but generally set for 4 persons.
(reception staff will answer your queries in this regard).
Clients obviously won’t be charged a premium from our standard pricing if allocated a larger room for their meeting to conform with these space requirements. After every meeting concludes, the meeting table and chairs are sanitised and wiped down, touch-points sanitised, and room reset for next booking by our staff.
● Kitchens. Our self-serve kitchens are still available for your convenience. Washing of hands or sanitising is required by everyone PRIOR to entering the kitchen, and paper disposable towels are provided to wipe down surfaces after use. Whilst two persons may physically be in the kitchen at
the same time, we ask that, as a gesture of courtesy, you wait outside the kitchen until it is vacant before entering.
● Breakout Areas adjacent to kitchens. Whilst we fully appreciate that social interaction is a major advantage within our serviced office environment, no more than six persons may be present at any one time. Physical distancing in these areas must also be respected.
Additional cleaning protocols have been implemented since March 2020, with emphasis on ’touchpoint cleaning’ in the common areas accessible by multiple persons. At 70 Hindmarsh the corridor doors normally kept closed from reception to the office suites will remain open during business hours to eliminate certain touchpoints for our clients. Hand sanitisers are also available throughout the public areas and in meeting rooms.
With the exception of permanent clients with key access to suites, EVERY VISITOR to our Business Centres must firstly report to reception. Generally, visitors are not permitted access into the corridors to access suites. Obviously patients of our medical clients will continue to be met at reception and be escorted to and from the consulting room by the relevant practitioner.
Neither a client, visitor nor staff member is permitted on the premises if
● they feeling unwell or
● are displaying any symptoms associated with the COVID- 19 virus (fever, coughing, sore throat, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell) or
● they have recently been in contact with anyone returning from overseas or been to Victoria.
As well as the above all being in conformance with government health advice, it makes sense to guarantee a safe and healthy workplace for us all.
We thank you for your understanding.
Don Will – Managing Director.